Saturday, March 31, 2012

NOTD: China Glaze FYI

Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I've been able to put a post together. I've been super busy.

I recently started my first full-time job. I've had assorted jobs for years but never anything career worthy and never anything full time. I'm so excited to see where this goes! I think I'm going to enjoy the work, which makes it even better. But goodness, working is tiring! My schedule also got a major shift. I'm not a morning person. Never have been, so being up and across town for work by 9am is a giant change! It's taken some getting used to.

Today I have for your one of my favorite polishes: FYI by China Glaze. Neutral, holographic glory in a bottle!



This polish is a gorgeous beige-colored holograph from the OMG collection. I think my pictures make it look a little more yellow than it actually is. It's really quite neutral in color and tone. Holographic polishes are some of my favorite polishes in general, but this one is one I keep going back to and never get tired of. The formula on this one is lovely. This is three thin coats and it goes on perfectly. No clean-up here.



How pretty is that! I can't stop looking at my fingers!

Hopefully, now that I've adjusted to my new schedule, I can find more time for my nails! I want to practice on my nail art. Recently, I stumbled across this gradient tutorial HERE that is way easier than how I was doing it before! (And I wasn't very good at it!) I've got a picture on my phone of my results, but I want to try it again and get better pictures. The result is beautiful just as a gradient and absolutely stunning when stamping is added. Also a rainbow gradient is much easier to do.

I also am going to take a stab at water marbling. I have seen a few wonderful pictures of water marbles with a gradient base layer and then a black and clear polish to marble with so the base still shows through. I want to try it when I have time! Anyway, there you go!

Have a good day everyone!

-Amy

(P.S. I'm excited to have a follower, by the way! Although, I see I am also a follower of myself. I'm not sure how that works since last time I checked I was still me and follow my own blog just by default! O_o )

No comments:

Post a Comment