Thursday, March 8, 2012

NerdLacquer: Don't Blink

Hello everyone! Today I received my first Nerd Lacquer polish! It is called Don't Blink.

For those of you who instantly picture Doctor Who and/or the Weeping Angels... you would be 100% correct! This polish is named after Doctor Who, a British television show. I picked it up in it's reboot, or continuation maybe, in 2005 when it started airing on BBC America. More recently, I got a Netflix subscription with Series 5 to the present available for streaming! If I ignore my current obsession with Supernatural, Doctor Who is easily my favorite show!

So, I was super excited when I saw a swatch of this on another blog. (Sarah, from Chalkboard Nails, I think.) I made getting this polish a mission. Haha. Mission accomplished! So, pictures hmm?

Ignore my stamping. I got the urge to practice! (I'm terrible. This is the first good try.)

Don't Blink is a light grey base full of tiny silver and black bits of glitter and small silver hex glitters. The finish reminds me of stone, which is perfect since the Angels are statues! 

I don't normally like glitter polishes. I hate that it takes so many layers of top coat to get the finish smooth and that it's so difficult to remove them. This is different. It dries to a mostly smooth finish and I really like how the grey base makes the hex glitters look white at first glance... but they still catch the light. Sooo pretty! I was worried about application for a second because it looked sort of gloopy on the brush, but the formula was fantastic. It's odd because it almost felt thick but it went on beautifully with no cleanup necessary. I'm wearing three easy coats in the pictures with top coat. (Seche Vite.)



NerdLacquer polishes can be purchased from their Etsy shop HERE, Harlow & Co. HERE, or Ninja Polish HERE for $10 a bottle. Right now it looks like their polishes are mostly out of stock, but at Ninja Polish you can sign up to be emailed when stock is back.

I LOVE this polish. There are a few other ones I can't wait to get my hands on.

No comments:

Post a Comment