Monday, September 3, 2012

Illamasqua Prosperity

Hello all! Sorry its been so long! I made s HUGE mistake a few weeks back and decided I didn't have time to do my nails, so I had acrylics put on. Bad BAD idea. First: I know I hate acrylics. Getting junk between my fake and real nails is just nasty. Second: I didn't choose a good place. My nails got destroyed. I wasn't even worth it because I soaked them off a week layer. Lesson learned.

Anyway, I had to rehab my nails for awhile. They're still weak, and there is a ridge where my new nail is growing. I've finally gotten it to the point where it isn't so noticeable! (Except when I wear chromes, which sucks since I picked up the China Glaze Bohemian Collection and STILL haven't gotten a chance to wear them!)

Now, my polish today! We don't have an actual Sephora in my town. The one we have is in a JC Penney and they have almost nothing for nail Polish. Boo! I can never get myself to order from their site though because the city an hour away from me has a Sephora, and they DO carry polish... I just never have time to go up. Finally made it this weekend and picked up my first Illanasqua, which I've been lemming for for awhile! I only grabbed Prosperity from the rubber mattes because I was on a budget and wanted some Nails Inc. too!

Prosperity is of the limited edition Rubber Mattes Illamasqua put out. There are 5 or 6 other bright colors that I didn't grab since I at least just wanted the purple! This was my first dealings with this brand and if this was their not-so-good formula (based on some other blogs opinions) then I'm amazed because I thought it was great!! It went on in two easy coats and didn't bubble at all! I'm not 100% certain I'm sold on the finish, but it's interesting. Not matte but not shiny. Rubber is very accurate!

The only thing that might be a negative for some is the polish dried a lit darker than the bottle color. I was expecting a brighter purple but as you can see, its still very dark. I'm on with that but it might bother others.

Finally, forgive my picture and future pics as well. My camera is missing so these are all from my phone! And sorry if this post is covered in typos. I'm writing it from my phone as well because I don't want to dig my laptop out to transfer the images. Haha lazy, I know!

***and sorry if the pic is in a random spot? Phone app = pretty terrible stand in.


No comments:

Post a Comment